Monday, November 23, 2015

Jacky of the Hidden Leaf Village

Finished Project:
Concept:
-The concept behind this picture is to merge anime with the real world in a semi simple way. I wanted to have a real person in a real world environment, but add in subtle aspects from the animes Naruto & Naruto Shippuden. I also wanted to try my best to make the moves look "natural" and blend in with the other images instead of being blatantly from a different source. To do this, I had Jacky on a basketball course (reason: ball is life), with 3 different moves from Naruto and Naruto Shippuden; the Rasengan, Rasenshuriken, and the Tailed Beast Bomb.

Q & A:
-Question: Am I happy with the results?
 Answer: Aside from some slight coloring issues that I've been having troubles with from the beginning, I am pleased with the final outcome of my project.

Original Photographs:


Step By Step:
In order to get the above images onto the basketball court, I started by using the quick selection tool. While I had it selected with the "add to selection" option (the two shaded overlapping squares at the top), I held down the mouse button and ran it across the image. However, the quick selection tool also selected some parts of the image that I didn't need, such as the background. To get rid of these unwanted selections, I then selected the lasso tool, and switched it to the magnetic lasso. Using the toolbar above, I changed the mode to "subtract from selection" (the option to the right of "add to selection"). I then slowly and carefully made points with the magnetic lasso around the area that I didn't want, and then made sure to connect the end point back to the beginning. After this was done, I simply copied the selected area (cmd + c for mac / ctrl + c for windows), switched to my project, and pasted (cmd + v for mac / ctrl + v for windows). I was then free to continue changing the picture to suit the background.


8 comments:

  1. I really like the concept. I like how you were able to shrink yourself and place yourself on top of the basketball hoop. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you thought about the concept. Your concept is really interesting in terms of merging two world into a single picture. By the way, your poses are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your concept is kind of funny because I always wished that Naruto was realistic but as I grew older, I realized that it can't happen in real life. It's really cool how you made jacky pose in 4 different ways and added him in the basketball court (that he likes).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any other show in which you would attempt to parody with real life?

    Also, I like the way you added the fireballs to your subjects (jacky)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keon, I like your multiple layers of the rasengan. Also, I like your smudge on the Rasengan making it look pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find your idea very interesting. Its a very you idea. I can see all your hard work. You did a great job making everything like it belong it looks well blended.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The idea of having Jacky having another Jacky on top, is pretty original. Overall the entire idea is good.

    ReplyDelete